Update added by user Jun 29
It is 06/29/2016.The claim was "resolved" meaning I agreed to the number that they through out there with a take it or leave it on 05/12/16.
I still have not received a settlement check from Pronto Insurance. They have not responded to any email in more than a week. Texas Department of Insurance has been a peach!
They haven't even looked at the online complaint....Good luck folks.As I said in my first review, ALWAYS ALWAYS get an attorney when dealing with this insurance company.
Original review posted by user May 12
I was in an accident with a pronto insured on 04/30/16. She pulled into the turn lane I was in and to avoid a head-on collision, I swerved into oncoming traffic and she plowed into the entire right side of my vehicle. I was 10 feet from the intersection (this will be important later). She was driving completely in the turn lane.
My vehicle was totaled. The original adjuster said that because it's totaled, he would have to send the claim to a total loss adjuster. That was on 05.06.16. I've left six voicemail's with Belinda Sierra x5156 at Pronto Insurance in the previous four days and haven't gotten a response to my total loss claim. In the mean time, the first adjuster sent a release via email that states, for the sum of $500.00, I release "any and all" claims in relation to this accident.
Yesterday, I received the attached email from my original adjuster. It basically states: we looked at the police report and decided because you were turning, in the turn lane, we feel that you are 20% at fault.
From: Ricardo de Queiroz
2:06 PM (23 hours ago)
I am sending this email because after reviewing the Police Report, me and my supervisor came to an understanding that we are the proximate cause of the accident, but not a 100%. According to the Police Report you were "driving on the turning lane prior the opening in the lanes allowing vehicle to turn North". Vehicles are not supposed to drive on the middle turning lane, it is just for the vehicle to get in it when to make a turn. For that reason we will apply a 20% deduction on the amount we will be paying you. The total loss adjuster will be letting you know about the amount.
Have a good day.
I was in the turn lane to make a turn, blinker on, 10 feet from the intersection, so I'm not sure how I'm at fault in any way there.
If I had to give anyone advice about dealing with Pronto Insurance, I would tell them to call a car crash attorney in their area before they even file the claim.
I wish I had.
I will be forwarding my complaint to TDI, but don't really expect anything other than to be screwed around by Pronto Insurance.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My daughter, Savannah, my wife Lori, and I wanted to thank so many of you who donated to help Savannah recently so we could purchase a wheelchair lift to get..."
- "I was targeted I feel by scammers. Feel I was manipulated into a situation. Shortly after severing half a finger off. Had to use force to defend myself..."
- "This lady rear ended me on 12-14-12. I had to call the cops because she refused to provide me with her drivers license and proof of insurance. Once the police..."
- "I PLACED 2 SEPERATE ORDERS BACK IN SEPT. AND TIL TODAY 10-26-15 NOOOOO ORDER RECIEVED. THIS SITE IS A SCAM. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM THEM.. PLEASE DO NOT..."
- "I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK MY ORDER NUMBER EE1601080854207318 WHICH NO MAIL COPMANY HAS THIS ORDER I WILL NOTIFY THE LAW ENFORCEMENT THIS IS CALLED FRAUD. AND LOOKS..."
- "Well i applied to Rise for a loan and submitted my info. Now their requesting me to send a copy of my ID and Social Security Card. Its sounds shaky..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."